Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Background check through NCOEMS - Average time to complete?
2015-09-12, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 2015-09-12 03:43 PM by EMS245Central.)
Background check through NCOEMS - Average time to complete?
Does anyone know how long it "usually" takes for a BGC to clear with NCOEMS and credentials (either initial or upgraded) to hit CIS? Myself and 6 friends are all patiently waiting to clear. We tested Sat 8/29, Tues 9/1 we had our passing results but we're still waiting for the creds to hit CIS (it's Sat 9/12 now, so 12 days) and go live. A couple of us have job opportunities pending CIS showing our credentials. I'm supposed to start mine on Tues (which will be two weeks elapsed from test results hitting) so I'm a little worried. I've never lived out of state so I'd imagine they need to do a statewide search (we all have clean records) but the current time frame has me concerned.

Anyone have any thoughts here?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2015-12-01, 09:38 PM
RE: Background check through NCOEMS - Average time to complete?
(2015-09-12 03:21 PM)EMS245Central Wrote:  Does anyone know how long it "usually" takes for a BGC to clear with NCOEMS and credentials (either initial or upgraded) to hit CIS? Myself and 6 friends are all patiently waiting to clear. We tested Sat 8/29, Tues 9/1 we had our passing results but we're still waiting for the creds to hit CIS (it's Sat 9/12 now, so 12 days) and go live. A couple of us have job opportunities pending CIS showing our credentials. I'm supposed to start mine on Tues (which will be two weeks elapsed from test results hitting) so I'm a little worried. I've never lived out of state so I'd imagine they need to do a statewide search (we all have clean records) but the current time frame has me concerned.

Anyone have any thoughts here?

How'd it go with this? I think it really depends on each person. Sometimes background checks involve checking up with ex-employers and schools, so it can take a while to get all of the responses.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply